Seeking a full time Food Service Manager for a 128 bed Long Term Care Facility in Waterdown , Ontario. Must have a current membership is Canadian Society of Nutrition Management. Have good knowledge in The Ministry of Long Term Care Homes Act (MOHLTC standards) and regulations. Promoting timely and, excellent service to residents and families.
- Must be strong in Human resource management aspects which include: hiring, evaluating, discipline, training, and coaching staff to ensure optimal performance and staff retention.
- Ensuring adequate staffing, maintaining staff schedules attendance awareness and payroll submission.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory and budget of food and supplies to ensure optimal nutrition care and meet the requirements of the Ministry of Health LTC act.
- Will observe meal preparation, snack preparation and delivery of such as well as the dining room meal time and snack service.
- Participate in the nutritional care of the residents including a admission history, quarterly assessments, annual reviews, referral’s for low and moderate nutritional risk residents.
- Participate in Multidisciplinary meetings on residents day to day activities on nutritional needs.
- With the corporate menu team assist in menu planning, production sheets, therapeutics and ordering templates which align with Canada’s food Guide.
- Communication with the homes Dietician to ensure the menu is in compliance with, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Dietary Compliance Standards accounting for residents with culture and diversity needs, texture modifications, and diet restriction etc. of the residents.
- Attend and participate in the homes various quality assurance initiatives and audits within the department
- Participate and represent the department on various committees, such as the Health and Safety Committee
- Have a vast knowledge in Health and safety awareness to include WHIMIS and HACCP regulations.
- Ensure all Public Heath regulations are in compliance.
Please reply by email to Judy Kirby, Regional Nutrition Manager at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.